This release includes a number of new features including Volume Sections, Asymmetric Board Cutting, improvements to the Board Manager, and improvements to the Bay. See Changelog for a full list of new features and bug fixes.
A new build has been released that has fixed a bug involving loading and viewing Shape3D files (.s3d, .s3dx). For more information, refer to the bug fixes section below.
- Displays an overlay that calculates the percentage of volume based on the
percentage of length.
- User can customize board length ratios.
- Includes buttons that automatically divides board into quarters, thirds, and halves.
- "Add to 1" button normalizes values if user entered percentages do not add up to 1.
- Displayed on the Outline, Top, and Bottom profiles and is turned on/off in the
Customize Rail thickness marks (Slice panel)
- User is now able to customize the Rail Thickness Marks, which displays the thickness
of the slice at the given distance from the rail.
Ghost board 'g' key actions improvements
- Holding ‘g’ key switches the following features to ghost board:
- Sliding info at mouse cursor
- Ghost board dimensions display in Dimensions panel
- Volume sections
- Biolos foot marks
- Slice area profile
- Center line (stringer)
- Slice lines
- Center of mass dot
- Rail thickness marks (Slice panel)
Board in Blank Difference Footmarks (Machine panel/Machine Parameters panel)
- Footmarks display the difference in distance between the top, bottom, and rail of
the board and blank
- Controlled in Show/Hide menu > Biolos Foot Marks Info
- Only displays when a blank is opened
- Footmarks at:
- 1 ft from tail
- 2 ft from tail
- 2 ft from Nose
- 1 ft from Nose
Bay sliders display their current value next to them
- Values update instantly as slider moves
- Added "Reset" button that will bring all slider values back to zero.
Show Rockers Upside Down
- Checkbox on toolbar that when enabled flips the board along its horizontal axis.
- Works on the Outline, Top, and Bottom panel only.
Improvements to the Board Manager
- Added new columns to Board Manger such as volume, nose rocker, and tail rocker.
- Volume, tail rocker, and nose rocker values added to the board preview outline
- Made filename searchable
Automatic Tail Stop X values
- For non-factory licenses, tail stop x is automatically set when a blank is chosen.
- Values are based on the length of the blank.
Open boards using the current OS native/default file chooser dialog
- Found in the File menu, this menu item will open a dialog to choose a board that is
in the native style of the user's operating system.
- The look and feel of the dialog will be similar to what the user normally interacts
with when navigating the file directories of their OS.
- This feature was added as an alternative to the default AkuShaper "Open Board"
dialog style, and the menu item title will differ on our three supported OS:
- Macs: File -> Open OSX Native
- Windows -> Open Windows Native
- Linux -> Open Linux Native
Update Your Billing menu item
- Found in Help menu, this menu item will open a browser to the account page on our
Multiple selected blue points (Slice panel)
- Clicking/Dragging mouse between the rail handles of a slice highlights the multiple
selected blue points.
- Provides a visual cue that dragging will move all selected points which is generally
the entire rail.
Upgrade Dialog - Preview the next tier of available features
- Interacting with GUI components or menu items associated with features that aren’t
available on a plan will open an informative "Upgrade Dialog"
- Upgrade Dialog explains that the feature is not available on the current plan, tells
what plans it is available on, and gives a link to the account management page.
- Also includes a unique string for each feature that gives a short explanation of the
feature and/or an image.
- Includes a checkbox that hides the dialog for the rest of the session.
Save and Reload maintains same zoom and selected point after reload is complete.
- On slice panel, remembers what slice was highlighted as well
- Zoom and point remembered on Outline, Top, and Bottom even after switching
panels (its always been like this)
- Slice panel resets zoom, but forgets point after switching panels
Machine Parameters panel simplified for non-factory plans. Changed name of panel to
- Informative text on how to interact with the panel added.
- Panel is still the same for Premium Factory plan
- Export STL/OBJ menu items split into two separate menu items
- Added IGES file export.
- Added STEP file export.
Asymmetric Board Cutting
Keyboard Shortcuts menu item added
- Opens a table that lists all active AkuShaper keyboard shortcuts, organized by panel.
- Located in Help menu.
- Fixed bug that impacted Shape3D files. Opening some Shape3D files resulted in an error message and/or the file being unviewable in the Bay.
- Fixed bug where the "Width" field was not being displayed in the "Edit Board" dialog.
- Fixed "Show Max Area Line" checkbox in Slice Area Profile menu. Box did not work in
2.2.11 and the max area line was shown always.
- Fixed bug where Bay keyboard shortcuts would sometimes stop working.
- Fixed bug that disabled board in blank fit outline color changing feature on the
Machine Panel/Machine Parameters panel for Heavyweight plans.
- Removed double periods that were being appended to the file extension in the
default save path in the export .stl and .obj dialog
- Fixed buttons in Export stl and export obj dialog where the text was being cutoff
on Windows OS.
- Updated wording for dialog that appears after login attempts by "stale" accounts
- Fixed bug where values in Edit Guide Points table were being multiplied by 10 after being entered when units set to ft_mm
- On slice panel, XYZ coordinates in bottom right corner show up in front of
slice. Previously, enlarging a slice or moving the slice over the coordinates would hide the
coordinates behind the slice
- Fixed bug that was showing incorrect "safe fits", or when the outline of the blank
turns green, for boards that were not within blanks safely. This occurred when the
board was within the blank's top and bottom outlines, but was not within the nose or